Saturday, August 16, 2008

ESL Center

For those of you who don't know, I got a new job! I am the Empowering Parents Program Coordinator and the temporary Volunteer Coordinator at the English Skills Learning Center. It's a non-profit that offers free English classes to immigrants and refugees in the Salt Lake City area. I love it! I work with awesome people and I love the students that we serve. I have my own desk, my own business card, and I feel very grown up all of a sudden! The Empowering Parents Program that I run offers English classes to parents of elementary school parents in elementary schools. The ideal is that parents develop their English skills and literacy skills while their children are doing the same. They can read to their children, help them with school, and eventually become involved in their children's education through participation in the PTA and volunteering in their classrooms. It's a wonderful program, and we have awesome volunteers that teach the classes. Interested in helping out or learning more? Go to our website at eslcenter.org. (Shameless plug, I know!)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Sounds like just the right job for you!

    ReplyDelete