Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day Dance


There is a great story to go with this photo. A few months ago, we were hanging out with some friends and Dave mentioned that he was never asked to a girl's choice dance. Our two wonderful friends, Keri and Kara, suggested that I ask him to a dance, and offered to decorate our apartment to have the dance there. So, they/I asked him to the dance last week - a Utah dance-asking, complete with doorbell-ditching. The high school dance was the same night, so I led him to believe that we were going to chaperone the dance. I told him it was a formal dance, and I pulled out one of my old dresses from a dance in college, and he got a hold of a tuxedo. He also surprised me by borrowing his friend's cherry red sports car, and we went out to a fancy dinner. Meanwhile, Keri and Kara decorated our place, started up the music, and even set up a mini-photography studio for our "dance photos." Aaron and Katrina came over and joined our dance, too. This was by far our best Valentine's Day ever!

2 comments:

  1. You are so cute Rachel! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute! Sorry we will have to bail on bowling on the weekend coming up. We are going to Cancun. We will have to meet up in a weekend to come!

    ReplyDelete